Sunday, February 27, 2011

Banjir Fashion?!?!?

Hey guys!

So I'm now in Singapore, and I'll be heading home right after my piano lesson tomorrow morning :) Anyway, just now mummy and Ah Yee Teng2 wanted to go shopping, so daddy and I went along, rather than just staying home and doing nothing =.=

We went to Vivocity, which was quite crowded. Of course, as usual, we spent most of our time there eating xD But anyway, we did walk around window shopping as well. As we passed by a shop selling clothes, I noticed one of the male mannequin dressed in a pretty cool looking shirt and a pair of long jeans. The pair of jeans was folded up to halfway between the ankle and the knees so that the new length of the jeans is like the length of a "3-quarter pants". I thought it looked quite strange, but then I thought maybe they just forgot to fold it back down or something!

We continued walking around Vivocity and I kept getting more and more amused as I kept seeing guys in jeans folded up the same way! I was telling daddy about it and we were referring to it as "Banjir Trousers" because it looks as if the wearer is trying to keep the bottom part of the jeans dry during the floods =.=

Seriously, every time I saw someone with "Banjir Trousers", the image of the people wading through ankle-deep flood water came to mind! hahahaha xD Of course, this style of wearing jeans come with some advantages. I mean, it should feel much cooler than long jeans right? Since it's shorter? And then there is it's most advantageous advantage (I should think it's the whole point of "Banjir Trousers")... If banjir (got flood) then the jeans would be very convenient, don't need to try to quickly fold the jeans up to avoid it getting wet =.=

I have never been one to understand fashion, but if this is the new fashion for men, I would find it quite quite quite absurd! Imagine the front cover of some fashion magazine with a random dude in "Banjir Trousers" posing there, trying to look cool. And then in huge, bold words: "Banjir Fashion! It's convenient and literally cool!"

Ooh ooh ooh!!! Maybe the "Banjir Trousers" should be worn with Phua Chu Kang boots, the bright yellow ones, to complete the Banjir Fashion ;D hahahaha, then everyone would be always ready for the floods xD

Hey! I think people should hire me to be some fashion designer or something! At least the fashions I come up with would be useful! Maybe I can come up with handbags that double as inflatable air rafts or something for the ladies!

mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...





Buh-bye, people!!!

No comments: